TOBIAS BÆCK ON WHY NORWAY NEEDS INTERNATIONAL TALENT
Shifter is an independent online newspaper on Norwegian technology companies in the new economy. They recently featured an article written by Tobias Bæck at Bakken & Bæck, one of Norway's most exciting digital agencies, on why it needs to become easier to attract global talent to Norway.
Tobias states that if we want to compete internationally for the best talents, we need look into how to do this better as a nation. And that quickly.
Big technological upheavals will require renewed competence, that we as a country do not (atm) hold. We need to look to countries like Estonia and The Netherlands for inspiration on how to change our systems. His message to Norwegian politicians:
- Make it easier for Norwegian companies to employ international expertise.
- Establish an "expertise visa" for international talent that holds expertise Norwegian companies needs.
- Consider economically incentives, like tax reductions for international expertise and startups for a limited time (like The Netherlands).
- Make immigrations processes smoother and faster than today.
- Promote Norway as a country that wishes international talent and startups welcome.
Read the article here.